I wanted to take this opportunity to once again thank CD Projekt RED for the chance to review the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition on the XBOX360. I received the game about 10 days ago, and since then I have been playing it, trying to explore every nook and cranny. The result is that I have NOT yet finished the game, so I can not in all good conscience put a normal Mini Game Review online yet, so I am writing a Witcher 2 impressions post. Since this is MGR, I can’t really spend too long writing this, as I have a game to play, so here goes:
The Witcher 2 EE Impressions:
- Fantastic port of a PC game, almost everything about it works – would have liked an auto compare, when in inventory, to items equipped.
- Controlling The Witcher is a dream, this game was made for a game pad.
- CD Projekt Red have managed to bring back the RPG’s of old, and I hope they continue to make many many more.
- The graphics are amazing, you would not believe that this is a console game. I am in Act II and I have had NO frame drops or texture pop in issues (I did install both DVD’s onto the HDD).
- The variety of voices in the game is amazing. It really makes you feel that you are actually part of a world.
- The odd “glitch” here and there: Sometimes dialog for a cut scene just doesn’t happen, the subtitles are there, but there are no voices. Sometimes picking items off the ground can be a little awkward.
- This is a very long and detailed game. It seems so much attention has been paid to every single tiny detail to allow you to submerge yourself deeper into the world of the Witcher.
- Not having played the original Witcher game, or having a manual, makes playing some of the aspects of the Witcher 2 quite confusing at times, but I am coping.
- For the first time in a long time in a game, I actually feel like I am leading the story, instead of the story leading me.
I am still on my first play through with the game, and I fully intend to do another play through after I have finished it. I get this feeling that some of the choices I have made in the game are actually making a difference to the story I am experiencing, so I am looking forward to making other choices in my subsequent playthroughs.
— I will NOT be taking, or getting anywhere near the “Newboy talisman” from the prologue. I am currently in Act II and think I am stuck with it for the rest of the game.–