Genre: Single-player, multiplayer, action role-playing, third-person shooter
- Available for:
- XBOX One
I played: around 80 hours until completion
- At times it feels like the old Mass Effect you love, and at other times, it feels like a totally unrelated, but fun, action RPG.
- The overall story is interesting and sets up the new galaxy for more games to come.
- Wonderful teammates and NPC characters (I would expect no less from the Mass Effect franchise - this has always been their forté).
- The game generally manages to have a great sense of humour without sacrificing the balance when it comes to dramatic effect.
- The combat is more fluid and dynamic, and feels a lot more intense thanks to several improved elements compared to the original Mass Effect trilogy.
- Access to the favorites and the consumables is a little messy, and I hardly used them during my first playthrough due to this.
- Research and Development (aka crafting) is long winded and boring - you have to keep going to the loadout to try your new gear, or to unequip your old gear.
- The User Interface (UI) is a mess, rendering it extremely laborious and time consuming to navigate anywhere.