Genre: Single-player, multiplayer, Third-person shooter
- Available for:
- XBOX One
I played: for around 30 hours
- The game looks great, and the voice acting is really good. There is a nice dynamic between the characters.
- The story is OK, but starts to drag towards the end.
- If you enjoyed Gears of War, then you will like this.
- Horde mode is as fun as ever, but this time around it was harder to find friends who were interested in playing.
- As stated above, the story was OK but started to drag towards the end, which is a shame.
- The control method for Gears of War is starting to feel a little less dynamic - a few years ago it worked well enough, but games have moved on. It was never fun to get stuck on a piece of cover when trying to run through a section, and this is even more true today where gaming standards are higher than ever and players generally expect more.