Genre: Single Player Action role-playing, first-person shooter, stealth
- Available for:
- XBOX One
I played: for around 25 Hours
- It has a very familiar feeling to it, which makes it easy to pick up and play.
- A nice set of upgrades that allow you to easily pick the way you want to handle most encounters. Which is always fun.
- Some interesting side quests and characters that do a good job of expanding the Deus ex world.
- The voice acting is stellar.
- Micro transactions are available to help speed up your characters level up kits, which enables you to unlok Augments quicker. Augments are presented as being a massive part of the story, and being able to effectively "buy" them using real-life money is such a shame, because in my view it devalues the achievement of even unlocking them in the first place. In general, money in games you've already paid for is a tough thing. In this case, it's incredibly annoying.
- The default controls are a little odd for an FPS.
- The game tries to be open world, but just doesn't pull it off. One of the most frustrating features are that some apartments are only accessible via the balcony or window, the doors are "blocked" from the inside. Still haven't figured out how people get into those apartments.
- I am around 25 hours in, and for some reason, I don't feel the main protagonist's story is motivating me.