Genre: Online Multiplayer Action role-playing
- Available for:
- XBOX One
I played: around 50 hours
- The story is engaging and has a lot more humour than the previous installment, but it isn't. briliant. It's just better than it's predecessor.
- The game looks amazing and plays very well.
- The game does a great job of respecting my time and real life. If you do the "once a week" milstones (quests), you can get some good gear and keep up to date with very little irrelevant work, which means less farming to get the good gear, which in turn keeps it from being a massive timesink. As a person with a day job and other responsibilities, this is a huge bonus and is something more games could learn from.
- The PvP is lot more fun and tense with the change from 5v5 to 4v4.
- It feels more like a reboot/re-imagining of Destiny rather than a sequel.
- Once you've done the story on your first character, you have to do it all over again on the other two just to get all the map locations. This feels more like a chore - the story is good, but it's not that good.
- Some of the new PvP game modes are a little hit and miss, but this will hopefully change over time.
- I have experienced a lot of disconnects and more server problems than I did with the original Destiny, which is always frustrating.